This Month’s Deets
ATTENTION PARTY ANIMALS!!
May’s Movie Selection: Zootopia (2016)
Date and Time:
Friday, April 21 at 7 p.m. EST
G (thematic elements, rude humor and action)
Runtime: 108 minutes
Here’s How It Works
- Secure a copy of this month’s selection – ZOOTOPIA! (Streaming on Disney +, video-on-demand, rental, public library, etc)
- Follow your co-hosts on Twitter – @moviesmoveus , @minivanadv, and @shellsprings. If you don’t have an account, start one!
- Have ZOOTOPIA que’d up at home and at approximately 7 p.m. EST, hit PLAY.
- Using the hashtag #familymoviefridays, OR joining and engaging our FMF FACEBOOK GROUP, we’ll have an ongoing conversation about it for the duration of the film. Yep, you heard me. SOCIAL MEDIA MOVIE PARTY, Y’ALL!!! Your hosts will guide you with questions, but feel free to share your own (child appropriate!) observations, questions and puns as they come to mind.
- SEE? Many of the perks of the communal movie experience and then some… and you never have to leave the comfort of your living room!
So Wait, Back Up. What Is This?
The magic of the communal movie experience.
You know, being in a huge dark room with a group of like-minded people, looking to have a harness a shared cinematic energy? The collective emotions of tears, laughter or exhilaration! Then talking about it with your friends as you walk back to the parking lot or, in the case of me and my movie crew back in the day, breaking it down together at the Biggby Coffee on the campus of Michigan State University.
Is that spirit of community yet another casualty of the Covid-19 pandemic?
What if I told you that there is a way to tap back into it? With a family oriented twist? And you don’t have to leave your living room? And you can even pull out your cell phone and not bother your fellow patrons? And your kids can act as obnoxious as you, and only you, can (hopefully!) tolerate?
Visit Here Monthly
Consider this page your FMF Headquarters. It will be updated monthly. We will have the new movie for the month selected and advertised at the conclusion of every event.
See you at the movies!