Next Month’s Deets
Next Month’s Movie Selection: Hook (1991)
Date and Time:
Friday,March 19 at 7 p.m. EST
Runtime: 135 minutes
Here’s How It Works
- Secure a copy of this month’s selection – HOOK! (Streaming on Netflix, video-on-demand, rental, public library, etc)
- Follow your co-hosts on Twitter – @moviesmoveus and @minivanadv. If you don’t have an account, start one!
- Have HOOK que’d up at home and at approximately 7 p.m. EST, hit PLAY.
- Using the hashtag #familymoviefridays, we’ll have an ongoing conversation about it for the duration of the film. Yep, you heard me. TWITTER PARTY, Y’ALL!!! Your hosts will guide you with questions, but feel free to share your own (child appropriate!) observations, questions and puns as they come to mind.
- SEE? Many of the perks of the communal movie experience and then some… and you never have to leave the comfort of your living room!
So Wait, Back Up. What Is This?
The magic of the communal movie experience.
You know, being in a huge dark room with a group of like-minded people, looking to have a harness a shared cinematic energy? The collective emotions of tears, laughter or exhilaration! Then talking about it with your friends as you walk back to the parking lot or, in the case of me and my movie crew back in the day, breaking it down together at the Biggby Coffee on the campus of Michigan State University.
Is that spirit of community yet another casualty of the Covid-19 pandemic?
What if I told you that there is a way to tap back into it? With a family oriented twist? And you don’t have to leave your living room? And you can even pull out your cell phone and not bother your fellow patrons? And your kids can act as obnoxious as you, and only you, can (hopefully!) tolerate?
Movies That Move Us and Minivan Adventures is teaming up to bring you FAMILY MOVIE FRIDAY Twitter Parties on the third Friday of every month.
Visit Here Monthly
Consider this page your FMF Headquarters. It will be updated monthly. We will have the new movie for the month selected and advertised at least two weeks before the date (third Friday of the month).
See you at the movies!